Glock 44 Review:

Shoutout to Flatline Fiber Co for making the BEST ear pro wraps in the business!

Glock 44: First Impressions 

Unboxing: Free Sticker!!!
First of all, the Glock 44 feels exactly like a Glock 19. For me that’s a great thing. I shoot the Glock 19 better than any other pistol I own. Except for the G44’s lack of weight compared to the 19. When shooting it it feels really strange. The Glock 44  has the exact dimensions of a 19 but the weight of an airsoft gun. It kind of through me off at first. The light weight nature of the pistol made me over compensate for the recoil and flinch the first few times. But after a few mags, I figured out that recoil impulse and really started carving out jagged holes in the paper target. Not to mention it has all of the wonderful Gen 5.2 additions including flared magwell, marksman barrel, ambi slide stop, front slide serrations and it doesn’t have the half moon cutout in the grip.
G19 Gen 5 Mos, G44, G19 Gen 4
G44 10 round 22lr mags, G19 15 round 9mm mag

So far, reliability wise, it has worked with bulk Federal, Mini mags, Monarch standard velocity, and it really liked the Browning bulk target ammo, which I’ve heard was really bad. Out of probably 600 rounds I’ve only had 2 stoppages (FTF and FTE)  both with Monarch, Academy Sports’ brand of  ammo.
Stove pipe!




Over 3k rounds

I haven’t had the many problems that Military Arms Channel, and 22Plinkster talk about in their reviews. Some times, the first round will feed funny, but not as often as it does for MAC and not as severe. I load the mags haphazardly and use the slide release and I do not get the same results. He claims you have to load the mags in a special cautious way and then slingshot the slide forward to not cause a feeding problem. Maybe I have loaded them correctly the entire time? I don’t know. 22plinkster had trouble with 36gr bulk pack federal. Mine ran 36 bulk pack like a champ. Five hundred consecutive rounds, zero malfunctions. And I used even cheaper qaulity Herter’s, which is apparently rebranded Winchester white box. Oof. 

Since I’ve shot 3.2k rounds through it of all bullet weights, velocities and brands,  I feel have given it a fair chance in its stock form. So, I have decided to do some modifications. The striker spring is extra strong so it can pop those rimfire primers. This makes for a stiffer trigger pull and we all know Glock has lack luster triggers from the box. That’s where I started first, the trigger. I dropped in  Agency Syndicate polymer trigger and a Zev connector. And wow what a difference it made. Yes, that striker spring is still strong but it has a short take up, hits a wall and a slight about of stacking before it breaks. The semi flat trigger shoe gives it that Gucci feel and the return has greatly improved as well. The best part is that these components were spare standard Glock 19 parts. That’s a big positive in my book. Be on the look out. I have a special food theme I think I’ll be going for with this pistol. What does that mean? I have. I clue either. Just be on the look out.  

G19 trigger, standard G19 holster from Redleg Tactical (RIP😢)
Notice there is no slide cracking either. 

In Review...

  The only downsides are: mag capacity. Ten rounds and then a pause for a reload puts a damper on the fun. The mag and recoil springs are kind of tight for a .22lr but I see this being a pro reliability thing, but could cause problems with training kids or weak handed people. One of the targeted demographic for the Glock 44. But after 3k rounds, it feels to me a little less stiff.  This pistol definitely has potential. Yes, it has a few short comings but they’re justified for reliability sake. You can definitely tell that the engineers at Glock really tried to design this pistol to be the best running .22lr on the market. Speaking of reliability, I feel like mine is a rare breed in good reliability (not going to say amazing)  compared to everyone else on the internet. Or does maybe the internet just exaggerate that feeling? Maybe it’s a bad lot that got sent to all the reviewers? Mine, for a fact, does not perform as poorly as we have all seen on YouTube. I think around 20-25 malfunctions out of 3.2k rounds fired is pretty darn good for a .22lr semiautomatic pistol. I wish they all performed this well.

All in all, The G44 will be a great training aid for those who routinely carry a G19 daily and for new shooters. The Glock 44 makes it easy to focus on the fundamentals of pistol shooting with out the distraction of felt recoil and ammo expense. The low recoil makes it really easy to learn and refine proper sight alignment and your shooting grip. I really cannot wait to get more rounds through this fun pistol, all while improving on my shooting skills.

Bonus!
It’s bleeding Glock Goo™️! 

Comments